About Us


Company History


Sauers operates from our Terminal located in Cranberry Township Pennsylvania, which is about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh. We operate approximately 50 units and 120 dry van trailers. Throughout the years Sauers’ goals have remained the same - service, reliability and dependability being first and foremost. We were and still are a dedicated carrier for many local manufacturers. We furnish scheduled delivery on all full-truckload shipments, while providing next-day service for all movements within 400 miles of the point of origin. We also provide drop trailers and shuttle services for customer convenience.

The founder, Clyde R. Sauers, started in 1945 as a small common carrier hauling caskets and foodstuffs in and around the tri-state area. In 1959, his son Warren became involved and expanded the fleet, the commodities and the lanes. In the early 1980s, deregulation took place and the company took another step in its growth. General commodity authorities were added, along with intrastate authorities for Pennsylvania, New York and Ohio.

The number of trucks and trailers increased and many new shippers became customers. For the better part of the past 30 years, we have dealt with all of the major manufacturers and consumers in the container, packaging, and food industries. Most of our operations have been conducted in the Eastern, Atlantic, Midwestern and some New England and Southeastern States. Presently Warren C Sauers Company is a Certified Woman Business Enterprise and is operated and run by the Third Generation of the Sauers Family.